There are times in my life were I just need to get away. Not be on anybody's schedule, not feel rush or make sure that this place is ok. Were I can go and just sit for as long as I want. Not have to make conversation (because 3 hours is a long time to ride in a car with someone and not say a word) and just think and process. To be able to listen to whatever I want as loud as i want and sing along with it too. These times dont come often for me, but when they do, it is refreshing to my soul.
This last weekend I got to do just that. I took a road trip by myself to Monterey, Wastonville and Gilroy. I got in the car and left the valley heat to arrive at 60 degree weather. To be able to spend some amazing time at the aquarium. I was able to go on the behind the scenes tour and just sit and process my time in Costa Rica. Never once did i feel rush or like i had to please people. I just sat, and watch the shark, tuna, sting ray in the deep blue exhibit.
From there I went to Watsonville to hangout with Monica, one if my closets friend. We had an amazing dinner and yogurt ice cream and finished it off with a movie. The next day i did a little shopping at Gilroy and then drove back to Fresno to see another movie and have an amazing dinner with my mom and aunt.
For me this weekend was about relaxing and that is what i did. I was able to go and hangout with people that are important to my life but at the same time spend some time with God in the quietness of my day. I came back feeling alive and refresh and ready to start the week. For me to know that i serve a God who meets me anywhere and everywhere I go is reassuring. So I thank him for meeting me these last few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment