Thursday, April 5, 2012
A Resting February
February was a month of rest for me. I got to stay home. I didn't have to pack and unpack. I didn't have to tell friends that I couldn't hangout with them, I didn't have to work extra hours to make up the days I missed. I just got to hangout at home and rest. Rest in the Lord.
It is amazing on how much I needed that. Just sometime to sit, be home and rest. I got to see people that I haven't seen in awhile, got to spend time with my family and got to spend some good time with God.
There was one thing from the SI training that I kept thinking about. They had said to keep the main Thing the main Thing. Also to have some key verses that I can cling to when I come under spiritual attack. I kept praying and seeking the Lord and wanting HIM to give me the verses. I kept hearing tell me, you need to stay strong and courage, to trust in me and the future that I have for you, trust in me and my timing and have faith.
I knew that I needed to find verses that had to deal with being strong, trust, future and faith. Here is what I found:
Joshua 1:9:: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
Jeremiah 29:11-13:: "For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."
Isaiah 12:2:: "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."
Lamentations 3:22-23:: The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness."
As I am typing them, I am reminded just how BIG God is and how GOOD he is. I ask that you would continue to pray for me, that God would continue to show me his lovinginkindness. That I wont forget about these verses and but instead have memorize them.
I am so thankful that I had the chance to rest and spend some good time with God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment