Sunday, April 15, 2012

March Madness

March.
It is pretty much my favorite month. 
Not just because of my birthday,  but because you can start to see the first signs of spring. 
(Ok well this year it is different since winter never really came and spring has been 
here for awhile.)

As I looked at the calendar, I realized that March meant that I would 
be gone pretty much every weekend. I wont lie, I did feel a little stressed about 
it, but knew that it was going to be worth it. And it was! 

First I got the chance to go to San Jose to see some of my good friends and celebrate Judah's 1st birthday!  
 
Judah Beck 
 
 Then Jessica and I went and got an AMAZING pedicure :) I was only in San Jose for 24 hours, then left and went to Santa Cruz.

In Santa Cruz, I got to hangout with Monica! I was so excited because I got to see her new place and meet her new roommate. I also got to go and be apart of her church and meet her friends. Then we got to chill in Santa Cruz and enjoy some amazing coffee and great ice cream!


Monica and I

Santa Cruz 

Santa Cruz 

I was there for 24 hours and then left and drove to Carmel. I have been blessed with some amazing, caring and giving friends who have offered their house in carmel for me to use for the night.  It was such a sweet time to be there. 
 
I made it in time to see the sunset.  

The next day, I got up early and spent some good time at the beach reading God's word. I feel the nearest to God when I am at the beach. Keep in mind I am not a fan of the sand but the ocean makes me feel so small and it reminds me just how BIG God is.



On my way home, I went to Monterey Bay Aquarium. I love this place. To see God's creation is amazing. I love that there are so many different species in the ocean and that God cares about each and everyone of them. It just reminds me that God cares just as much if not more about me. My favorite exhibit is the Open Sea. I usually take my bible, journal and a book and just spend hours there reading, writing and relaxing. 


The following weekend I went to Irvine to see some of my favorite people, the Bachman's! I have known Jeff and Shara for a long time. I was sad when they moved to the OC last fall but knew that I would visit them often :)  With me going to Costa Rica, I needed some pictures for my prayer cards and immediately thought of Shara. Take a look at some of her work on her blog. She is amazing!  (I will post a new blog on my photo shoot).  The next day I was leaving but before I took the train back to Fresno, I got to spend the day with them. We went to the Aquarium of the Pacific. The kids loved the sea lions. It helped that  sea lions were jumping and being crazy.


Bella, Jackson, Charlotte and myself with the Shark :) 


March was crazy. I was busy visiting friends and spending time with families but it was fun. I am starting to treasure these moments that I have with my friends and family. I know that in a couple of months, it wont be so easy to get up and go see these folks. 

3 comments:

  1. so fun and so glad that march was amazing for you rose!!! :) love seeing your smile and seeing God continue to bless you with daily gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you! we SO enjoyed having you here!

    ReplyDelete