Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Day Without Shoes



I am not a big fan of shoes. Anytime you come to my office, you will see that I dont wear them there. But I do understand how import shoes are to use. They protect our feet from cuts and infections. Unfortunately not everyone in the world can afford shoes.

On April 5, Toms Shoes had an event called," A Day With Out Shoes." It is a conversation started to raise awareness. I decided that I would do it. You see, for every pair of Toms shoes you buy, they will give one pair to a child in need.

It was interesting to see people stare at me as I walked into Panera. Co-workers joined in on the fun and even the kids I babysit joined too. Although I didnt get anybody to ask me why I wasn't wearing shoes, it was a great experience. I cant wait for next year.

Make sure you check out Toms Shoes online and help support a good cause. :)

No comments: