Sunday, August 12, 2012

Class of 2012

It has been 3 years since I have been back in Fresno. 3 years ago I meet the sophomore class of 2012.  For 3 years I have had the honor and privilege investing into their lives, trying to show them what a relationship with God looks like. 

In June, the class of 2012 graduated, ending one season of life for them and ending one season of life for me. 

 














I am so proud of these young adults.
 I have seen them grow, be challenged and learn from their mistakes. 
I pray that WE as leaders have done our part. 
God intrusted us with teaching and disciplining them for the last 3 years (some 4 years) and I pray that we have given them the tools that they need as they go off to college.

To my senior class, my students, my kids,

I am so proud of each and everyone of you! I have loved every minute of our time together. From barn dances, winter retreats, RCP, Costa Rica, and many other fun events. Those are memories that I will treasure forever. My prayer for you is that you will continue to seek God in every area of your life. That you will not look back at high school and see them as the best time of you life but that you will look back and see the growth in your relationship with God.
May the next 4+ years be years of defining your relationship with HIM. May you find friends that will encourage your walk and encourage you, declare a major that will make you happy, find a nearby Denny's so you can eat pancakes at 2am as you study for finals, but most of all may you find a church that will challenge you and give you the tools to continue to grow. 
Even though I will be in another country, know that I will be praying for each and everyone of you. I look forward to the visits, Skype dates, emails and random texts. 
I am so honored and blessed that each of you have allowed me to be apart of your life. I wouldnt trade my last 3 years with you for anything. You have been such a BIG part of my life and I love each and everyone of you SO MUCH! Thank you for allowing me to be your "mama"!


Congratulation Class of 2012!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment