Last night I caught a red eye flight at 2:25am. I think that was the longest flight I have ever been on. In reality it wasnt but sure felt like it because I had been traveling since 9:55am. It was a direct flight to Costa Rica and it was only 5.5 hours long. I got maybe about 2 hours of sleep and saw the sun rise.
I landed at 8:30 am. I was excepting to have to wait in long lines to go through customs because that is what has happened in the past with a group of 15 or more. But since it was just me, it took less then 15 minutes to go through customs, get my luggage and then go through immigration. Talk about fast! Then I waited for Dixon's to come and get me. I realized right away how humid it still is here. It is not too bad but it is around 10:10 right now and it is just cooling off.
One of the big reasons why I decided to come back and visit was because I wanted to live life here. It is different coming during the summer with a team. Everything is planned out for you and you are only here for about 14 days. When the teams leave, the SI staff is still here continuing at their ministry sites. The difference is that it is just them and not 2-4 other people helping them.
So one of the things I got to do today was visit their local Price Smart also know as Costco for us back home. Literally it is just like Costco, but WAY more expensive. They have samples for us to try, a food court area and yes they do sell Kirkland brands there.
(Yup we bought a lot.)
By the time we got back to the Dixon's house, I was exhausted! So I took a nice 3 hour nap and it was amazing!
Tomorrow I am catching the bus (by myself) and getting to work with Krysta in the morning. She has a girls group that she meets with 2 times a week to talk about life, teaching them things like how to cook, make cool hair bands and some other fun crafts. Sound like it is going to be a fun morning.
Thank you for your prayers! I am feeling them. Continue to pray for guidance. God is good and I know he will show HIS WILL to me!
Yay! I wish I was there already. Give Krysta a hug for me and enjoy the time without the teams as you see what it looks like to be on SI staff. I'll be praying for you. :)
ReplyDeleteTara
Wow! I didn't realize you were here already! I will see you soon! (P.S. i didn't think it was THAT humid today :/
ReplyDelete